Karla spends her days connecting dots. She is known for her ability to see patterns and connections amongst disparate ideas and then create original solutions for her clients. Embracing their missions and challenges as her own allows her to leverage intuition and experience.
A trusted strategic advisor, Karla guides Corona’s customers to embrace the strategic. Executives rely on her for her keen insights, unique ability to see the pathway through the clutter and inspire teams to bold action. They also count on her to design custom processes that make the most of group input and foster consensus decision-making with a grounding in data and research. She enjoys curating content as she writes strategic plans.
Karla considers herself a student of strategy, both its development and execution, and stays abreast of the latest thinking and approaches.
Away from the office Karla’s creative nature takes flight. She enjoys art, fashion, gardening and cooking. You can get a glimpse into her personal aesthetic though her Instagram.
- Instinctive approach to working with groups and maximizing their contributions
- Agility to make real-time adjustments in process
- Creativity in synthesizing, writing and presenting
- Leadership in stewarding the process with her clients
- Ability to discern what is strategic, and what isn’t
People are often surprised to learn that Karla is an industrial engineer by trade (BS, Iowa State University). Her MBA (University of Texas) shines through. Karla stays abreast of the latest thinking in the field and designs custom frameworks, developed specifically for nonprofits facing strategy and business model challenges.
Community Involvement & Recognition
- Co-Presenter, Colorado Creative Industries 2015 Summit “It takes a Community: Cultural Planning and the Art of Co-Creation”
- Co-Presenter, Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation’s Fall Forum 2014 “Imagining 2020: Leadership Lesson’s from Denver’s First Cultural Plan in 25 Years”
- Mentor, Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) (2014)
- Finalist, Outstanding Women in Business – Small Business Owner, Denver Business Journal (2012)
- Finalist, Outstanding Women in Business – Consultant, Denver Business Journal (2010)
- Advisory Board for the Center for Women’s Health Research at the University of Colorado, Corporate Committee Chair, 2011 Luncheon Chair (2009-current)
- Steering Committee for the Center for Women and Entrepreneurship at The Women’s College of the University of Denver, Vice Chair (2009-current)
- Leadership Advisory Council for the Colorado Nonprofit Association (2008-current)
- Board of Directors for Curious Theatre Company (2008-2010)
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network, Advisory Board. (2008-2010)
- Leadership Denver (2008)
- Young Philanthropists Foundation Program Committee, Committee Chair (2008)
- Taught workshops and given presentations to the Colorado Association of Funders, Rose Women’s Organization, Colorado Nonprofit Association, Colorado Business Committee for the Arts and Metro Volunteers.
Recent Radiance Blog Posts
- Questions? Conversation killers?
- Hey, did you hear that joke about naturally occurring data going to a bar?
- Who’s coming to your next meeting? Flame throwers, feral cats and posers
- Welcome to the consumer era: When engagement drives change
- From engaging to capturing – rethinking business models that stick
Learn more about Karla’s experience on LinkedIn.